Pages

Subscribe:

Labels

Monday, May 14, 2012

Stressssssss.....


What a few weeks it has been!  We started out about as stressed as possible, waiting to hear about both my new job and our new house.  Talk about crazy!  I’ve been working on this job for almost a month… did I want it? Did they want me? Was it the right fit? UGH! Then I decided I wanted it and… I waited.  For our house, we had a 5 day bidding war and then… we waited to hear.  We were WRECKS! I felt sick to my stomach most of Monday and Tuesday.  Matt could barely sleep. We were total nightmares.  But, Wednesday brought sweet news. I got my job offer at 11:30am and at 9:35pm, the little green light on my phone showed I had the email we had been waiting for… we got our house!  And all was right in the world.
So, with that, I have been keeping up with my running program, but did not swim last week.  My stomach was really a huge mess.  I also did not go to the gym at all, which just sucks. I really feel like I need a day or two just lifting… hard.  I have been really happy with my running, though.  My times have been great and that makes me happy.

However, I’m suffering from a crazy ass toenail right now.  My big toenail won’t fall off and it is really, really hurting. It has been bruised for a long time (since late February when I hurt my shin during that 20 mile run) and I knew it eventually would fall off. Well, Saturday as I was digging through my closet, it grabbed on something and ripped halfway off, taking some skin underneath with it.  THAT isn’t how it should have come on.  When they fall off, it shouldn’t be traumatic.  When it is, that is when the pain (and, in my case blood and gore) comes. 

So, now I’m in a lot of pain.  Shoes hurt, so I’m in flip flops.  I ran this morning, at :15+ pace.  I am trying to soak it as much as possible then dislodge it more and more, hoping I can work the nail off.  Having it off, will really be much, much better.  While the skin will be so very tender, I think it will be much better than having this nail pushing against damaged skin. 

Race this weekend.  Matt, Dad and I are doing the Marine Historic Half Marathon. Should be a lot of fun.  Poor mom – she will have 3 of us coming in at different times.  If I can get through this toe thing, I should come in around 1:53-2:00 (unless I push some of the miles out, but with the toe going on, that isn’t happening L).  Matt will come in second, then Dad.  So, mom and #3 kid will be waiting around awhile.  Poor things!

I am unemployed Wednesday – Friday, so getting on my bike!!! YEA!! Can’t wait!  Hoping to get out Wednesday and Friday, which will be awesome.  Maybe get in 30 miles on Wednesday and 20 on Friday before a massage on Friday to get ready to RUN!

YEA!

No comments:

Post a Comment