Pages

Subscribe:

Labels

Thursday, February 23, 2012

The first ouch

Well, I officially have an ouch.  Yesterday I mentioned that my right leg was in pain, from my groin to my knee to my ankle.  I was in lot of pain yesterday and seriously felt like a wuss.  I couldn’t figure out WHAT in heck I did! I went for a run yesterday, but it wasn’t anything major or overblown and I don’t remember feeling anything on a stride or anything.

So, if you are familiar with that fun adductor/abductor machine at the gym, the muscle that is really hurting me is my adductor.  Groin pulls are mostly done from quick starts or change in direction, stops or stretching.  But I really don’t remember doing anything like that.  Maybe I moved in a bad direction stretching right afterward since I had an icepack on my knee?  I guess that is the most logical explanation.

What I don’t know is if my groin, knee, and ankle pain are all connected.  So, I’m just trying to take it easy, ice, compression, and some gentle stretching.  I am going to get some groin tape for the next time I run and see what the deal is.

As for my ankle – just don’t know what to do there. I can’t run with anything on it, so I’ll just ice it afterwards.  I’m in flops today, only putting on my heels when I HAVE to.  I’m going to try keeping out of heels as much as possible (KILLER!) for awhile and lots of ice.
My knee?  Just prayer.  Don’t have much else to go on there.

So, that is that.  Hoping a few days off will allow me to get 15 miles in on Saturday.  It is my last long run before I start tapering my mileage down before the half marathon.  After the half, I start an actual training program for the triathlon, so a new goal. I’d REALLY like to get this long run in, but we’ll see!

Gooooood times!

No comments:

Post a Comment