Pages

Subscribe:

Labels

Monday, February 13, 2012

A new week... Still plugging along

I’m still around… I haven’t given up, nor lost hope.  Some hormones (damn PMS) and a bit of anxiety kept me side-lined a bit, but I’m still here.  I think with some people, the physical aspect of this training would get to them.  For me, it is the time constraints.  So many people in the pool with me are either younger (no kids yet) or older (older children).  I don’t know if there are any my age or in my situation ~ especially not WOMEN!  I think last week I learned why. 

But, I’m not going to give up.  This year, I think I’ll be training on my own or with an online trainer and not doing the group training.  I just can’t work it into my schedule.  I do need to find time to get on the bike more.  I need to buy a bike trainer.  And I need to get my nutrition under control.  Once those three things are done, I think I’ll feel better. 

I ran 3 quick miles on Thursday, then skipped swimming practice (first time for that!).  I was going to have a VERY busy Thursday-Saturday at a conference with very late nights so decided to climb right back into bed, and am glad I did.  However, due to said conference, I didn’t do my long run over the weekend… kept pushing it off.

Until this morning.  So 10 miles before work.  It was interesting because I haven’t run 10 miles in about 5 years.  I was curious to see 1) if I could do it and 2) to see how I would feel.  I wasn’t doing it for time, just to finish.  And I did.  I definitely wasn’t winded and could have gone further.  My hips hurt a bit because it was a very, very hilly path I took.  But, in the end, I got home and thought “wow. I just ran for an hour and a half.  That’s pretty cool!” I definitely could have run faster and know I could have gone further, but I’m pretty happy with it.  I hadn’t had any water or nutrition during the run and hadn’t had a lot of water the day before.  And it was COOOOOLD.  So with that, I’m feeling okay.

I’m thinking, if all goes well, I think I may be able to push out a 1:45-1:50 half marathon in March.  That will be pushing and taking care of myself.  But, I’ll be happy with 1:45 – 2:00.

So, here’s to a new week!

No comments:

Post a Comment