Pages

Subscribe:

Labels

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

In search of... Motivation


Oh, how things have changed.  I haven’t been here in such a long, long time.  Life has changed oh so much for me – some for the much, much better. Oh, MOST for the better.  But when it comes to my working out, that is for the worse.  Much, much worse.

We have moved… kinda sorta.  We are about 75% into our new house, which I love.  We make trips back and forth to the old house, filling up one or the other car and bringing it back.  We unpack a bit here and there to make the house functional.  We enjoy it as much as we can.  But we are so, so very busy and tired.
I started my new job a month ago tomorrow.  And I am so very, very busy.  I love it. I love my work, I love the people I work with.  I am challenged beyond belief.  There is never a moment I am not swamped.  
Taking time to do anything else means I have to add a million things to my to-do list and not cross anything off… but that would happen anyway.  I love working at home, though it provides its challenges.  I wouldn’t trade this for the world.

But… I am barely working out.  I haven’t been as busy as I am in so very long.  It is not busy where I am ready to explode with stress.  It is busy that I love and have been craving. The work a professional woman that has worked so hard on her career loves. But, working out has been truly suffering the past 3 weeks.  And I hate it.

I am grumpy and disoriented.  My body feels gross and I am out of sorts.  I haven’t gained weight, but I feel like I’ve gained 100.  I feel lumpy and bumpy.  I need it.

I did a sprint triathlon on Sunday.  I completed it. I sucked at it.  And while I joked heavily about it going in, it disappointed me.  I don’t want to suck.  I was training, I was doing well.  And then… I wasn’t.  It was still fun, but I know I could have done better, and would have done better.

I need to get back into it.  I need to motivate.  There IS time, I CAN do it.  There is just so much else to do, so many boxes I can’t get to during the day, so many press releases to write, so many people to manage, so very much… SO much…

I need to get back to it.  I have less than a month until my first Olympic triathlon. And then a month later is my first marathon.  I need to get back to this.

Seriously… why am I in this place right now???

No comments:

Post a Comment