Pages

Subscribe:

Labels

Monday, June 4, 2012

Checking in, staying alive


I should be working right now, and I have so very, very much to do… I should be taking advantage of Matt being out of town, but I’m going to take a quick breather and write a bit, update on what has been going on.  Really… not much when it comes to my fitness except status quo, which is a good thing!  Status quo for me means I am on track and I’m okay with that.

I am following my marathon training program fairly religiously.  Not always right on track, but for the most part I am within 2 miles of where I should be every week.  Right now, I’m running about 35-37 miles a week.  Last weekend, my long run was 15 miles and I averaged about 8:35 minutes a mile which I’m happy with.  I’m having an issue with my right ankle… which is a sore/weak spot for me since I was about 7 and dancing.  Someone told me once that everyone has a weak spot(s) on their body and I believe one of mine may be my right ankle.  I am only allergic to poison ivy on my right ankle (no lie), it is the weakest place on my body ~ not good for a ballerina on pointe! 

But, is what it is.  Ankle isn’t swollen, just tender.  So, just taking it easy. Luckily, I don’t have to wear heels much (had to today for a few hours, don’t have to again for 2 days) anymore which helps.

Swimming is going pretty well.  I’m definitely feeling more confident which is great.  Still not great and super strong, but being more confidant goes a LONG way.  I at least feel stronger in my stroke, stronger in my endurance, and more confident that I won’t die.  We will see how that translates in the open water, but it is a much better place than I was in April.

And the bike… Well, I haven’t actually been ON my bike since my last tri.  Yea, I kid you not.  Since my last triathlon, I decided to start being an actual runner, not just run.  There is a big difference.  And doing that has cut into my time seriously.  And my biking is what has suffered – more so than it did before.  I need to get on my bike at least twice in the next two weeks (which is a little issue since it is in two pieces on my floor right now… ) so I have a little comfort.  I also need to get to the gym.

My life has taken such a great personal turn, me getting a job that I truly love and my husband and I getting a great new house for our family.  But I am about a thousand times busier than I’ve been in years.  So far, I am managing it all, time-wise.  And doing it while adding in the stress of now working from home.  Most will say, “OH, that is AWESOME!”, and it is… but it is also a great deal of time management and focus when you have a three very busy children.  And the job puts me at a vice president level with a number of people reporting to me and a great deal of responsibility.  So, I have to make sure the cogs are turning… on everything.  But, I am so grateful.  And I have it working, right now! 

Now, the next thing is a sprint triathlon on Father’s Day.  I’m excited about it. I had forgotten all about it until I got a reminder email a few days ago.  Should be a lot of fun and we’ll see how I’ve progressed in the past two months. 

Onward and upward!

No comments:

Post a Comment