Pages

Subscribe:

Labels

Saturday, April 14, 2012

It's TRI TIME!

Well… it’s here.  So funny because I know I’m only doing a Sprint, but my heart is racing a mile a minute.  I didn’t get some of the last minute training – or training in general – done I really wanted to do.  I still don’t know how to transition into the bike (T1).  I just ran out of time!  I am still not uber convinced I am not going to sink to the bottom of the lake during the swim.  I have been warned that I may panic during water entry, I have been told so many times that I will be kicked and punched and swam over and, when I do the same, I can’t stop and say I’m sorry, because it is expected. 

I feel fairly confidant in my physical ability, in my conditioning.  I have really been working hard.  Have I done everything I have wanted? No.  I have time limitations that I came to grips with early on.  But I am in better shape in many ways than I have been in in a very long time. 

But I am nervous.  Very nervous.  And I know it is because it is my first triathlon since I decided to take this on seriously.  I made a commitment to this 4 months ago and it is here.  And my heart is racing and my mind is racing.  I need to calm myself and remember that so much of this me being able to focus.

I need to remind myself that tomorrow is not about time.  I am racing Novice, not in my age group.  I did that so that I won’t focus on time or standings.  I gave myself ONE race where it doesn’t count officially towards anything.  So that I can take a deep breath and ENJOY THIS!  Be proud of the fact I’m a mom of three that, just 15 months ago weighed 110 pounds more than I do now and could barely walk up my stairs without breathing heavy – and now I’m going to run in with a smile on my face after 2 other events.  I am going to be proud of myself that I am going to get on this frigging bike that I LOATHED when I bought it just a few months ago and now race it.  And I AM going to finish this half mile swim, dammit!  I really do want to enjoy this.

So, my transition bag is packed (HOLY CRAP you need a lot of shit for race day!!), I’m about to pack my bag for our stay in some crappy hotel down near the race site,  and… we’re off! 

To everyone that has sent me texts, emails, commented here or on Facebook, sent a prayer or positive thought my way, I want to thank you.  I am a person that really does better when I have people cheering me on, questioning me, being there and letting me know I’m not alone.  And you all are helping me along the way.
Pray I don’t sink tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment